Monday, December 1, 2014

Dec. 1, 2014: Woodlands Area: The Last Email :(


Mama's count down!

Hoooooooola!!!! 

   This has been an amazing week! Cory got baptized! And we had Thanksgiving with them!! I of course forgot my camera cord but that's ok we can just look at the pictures on Wednesday... wait what Wednesday? uh. 

Wednesday we had an exchange! I went with Hna McOmber and Hna Miller, and their companion went with Hermana Hill. It was a wonderful day full of tons of teaching! I don't know if ya'll know about Hna Miller but she and I rode on the bus to the airport together from the MTC.... We then slept in our own room together at the mission presidents house the night before we got our trainers and then we waited to be the last 2 to be given their trainers! and now we are going to be together the last 2 days just like we started. It's a sweet tender mercy... We didn't talk about it the whole day though. Not a word was said just the mentioning of someone elses living situation. We got in bed and the lights were out and I just felt this huge wave of sadness come over me, I felt weird and sad. I heard sniffling across the room as I felt my face get dampened with warm tears and I just had this thought, go and ask her for a hug. and I thought, Hna Miller is the best missionary ever she is going to think I am a psychopath, and then I thought it again, so I got up and I sat on the edge of her bed and tapped her shoulder and said, could I have a hug from you? She sat up and hugged me and we both sobbed haha. Such girls. We then laid down and talked about how we were feeling and we luckily were feeling the same and this is what happens when you don't correctly cope with things. haha We talked all about our rediculous but ever so important feelings and then I felt LOADs better and returned to my bed :) I love her. 

Thursday: was turkey day!! A DAY OF MUCH THANKS!! IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! hermana Hill made the turkey and then we took it over to Cory and Noel's and we ate with them! We got all the stuff and made it all together just like a little family :) When we were done we all ate and we went around the room and said what we are thankful for and it was really sweet :) I love them so much!! ahhhhh Sorry I don't have pictures, we took so many! hahah  
Thanksgiving was glorious! 

I have sooo much that I am thankful for and I just can't fit it all so I will just say that I am thankful for LOVE because that covers everything. I love to love. I love the love that I feel when I feel the spirit. I love the love that God has for each of His children and I love that Our Savior loves us so much that He was born here, a humble birth and saved us all. 

FRIDAY:
CORY GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man it was so beautiful. The relief society president gave a beautiful talk on baptism, it was so sweet :) And then Hermana Hill, Brian (our ward mission leader) and I sang "Venid a Mi" (Come Follow Me) The spirit was so strong I just melted! And then Cory went to be baptized :) It was so sweet we were waiting for her on the steps and David baptized her and when she came out she was smiling sooo big and we said to her, how do you feel?! And she said, I just want to cry! And we said cry! It's ok! And she started crying and we said we are so proud of her and for the example she is setting for her children. She said that she did this all for them so that they can have a better life and that they can be better. It was so sweet and tender and then Salma her 10 year old daughter)  peaked her head around the corner and Cory was like you are next! haha the next night hermana Hill invited her to be baptized and she said yes this coming month... December :) Anyway it was beautiful and then David gave a talk on the Holy Spirit and it was so sweet because he talked about his conversion and then they welcomed her into the ward, and then we had some testimonies.. Originally we planned for her to share hers but she got too nervous and changed her mind when she saw how many people were there, BUT hermana Hill and then I shared our testimonies and after I invited her to and she said OK! It was sooo sweet. She cried. And so did we all :) It was so special. The spirit was so strong and then on Sunday she was confirmed and came to all the classes with us and loved it :) She was so sweet the newest member of the ward! :) 

This week has been excellent. It has just flown on by and I can't believe that it is almost over. Today is my last day in my area, and I feel just... I don't know. I gave my testimony on Sunday and it was hard. It didn't hit me so I didn't feel like it was very great, but then when I sat down and we sang the hymn I just felt it. That was the last sacrament hymn I would sing on my mission. And then I was kind of really a bawl baby. Hahaha. It just hasn't really hit me. I can feel it in the back of my mind, but I just feel like tomorrow I am going to wake up and I am going to study and head out and teach people, but I guess that's not how it works anymore. 

I am forever grateful for this beautiful opportunity I have had to represent my Savior. It has been such an honor serving with everyone of my companions. They have shaped me into who I am as they have helped me rely on the Lord as He has refined me. I know with all my heart that this is His gospel. I believe in miracles. I believe that love can change anyone's heart. I have learned so much these short 6 weeks being with Hermana Hill and I adore her. She has been such an inspiration to me as I am about to come home, she is just such a woman. Truly a fearsome thing to behold ;) 


   I know that Christ lives. That He directs His church through a living day prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I Love this gospel with all my heart and I feel eternally blessed that God gave me the opportunity to forget myself and truly love these people. I love my Savior. I LOVE the plan of salvation, for it truly is the plan of happiness. I know with surety that I will live with my family and God forever. I know that God loves us because He gave us agency and because He allowed us to leave our Heavenly home to come here and learn. I know He gave us the Book of Mormon, among other tools, to bless us and direct us. It is the truest, most pure book on the earth and I know that it is a covenant we have to keep to read it everyday. I love it and I cherish it.  I love you all so much. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and supportive family. These 18 months have been a crazy ride and definitely the funnest, hardest, bestest one ever :) 

LES AMO, NOS VEMOS EN 2 DIAS

Hermana Koch 

No comments:

Post a Comment