Monday, February 3, 2014

Feb 3, 2014: Canyon Lakes Area: Woohoo



hola hola hola!

    Ok so I literally have no time... This missionary thing is pretty tough and there is never enough time to do anything else! haha but I did get my hair cut and talk to a cute lady from Vietnam (sp check) about being a missionary and got her card and gave her ours! (picture of Jesus with our number hehe) it was awesome.

    THIS WEEK WAS AWESOME!!! Life is so good :) I really love being a missionary! I really don't know what to share but to just say that I love my Savior!!! I am so grateful for this experience!! All of the lessons this week we had were really powerful and focused on making sure that the children of God know that He loves them and that is why He gives them this wonderful gift of the gospel. I am so happy to be able to testify to people as a servant of Jesus Christ that God loves them and feel such a burning power in my heart. I encourage you family to do it! haha It sounds kind of weird and out of the ordinary but I promise, if you pray and you keep your eyes opened and care about the people around you God will give you a chance to tell the people around you that God loves them and mean it. 

  This week we were able to go to the temple TWICE!!! We went the first time for our normal temple trip, but the second time was to go with some recent converts to do baptisms for the first time!!!! IT WAS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!! so wonderful :) I loved it!! It is so amazing to me, that we know and have the power and authority here on earth to act in God's name! That through the priesthood power that a worthy man of God holds, someone who has passed away without being able to have the chance to be baptized by someone who has that authority, can be baptized! Can be baptized and recieve it. Wow that is so incredible. That is so amazing to me!

    I have to run but I just really quickly want to share with you my testimony of the atonement. This morning Hermana Rowe and I were talking about the process of repentance and that even though we have done something that is not the will of God, He still helps us along the way. He still holds our hand and helps us repent and come unto Him. We were talking and one of my favorite stories, mom maybe you can find it :), I think it was told in conference, it is the story of the little school and the little boy who stole the lunch had to be punished and the bigger boy stood up and took the punishement for him. I just REALLY love that story. I cry everytime... because it is so amazing to me what our perfect older brother Jesus Christ did for us. He stood up and He took the pain and suffering because he LOVES us. Because he loves us. I love him so I am going to use what he gave me and not just except the answer of, oh I'm saved. That's not how it works. It just isnt. We are all resurrected because of that, but if we do not utilize the gift he gave us, we can't return to Him showing Him how thankful we REALLY are...
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
I know that Christ lives and that He is there. I know this is His church, directed by Him.
Hermana Koch



This is the story that Lizzie referenced in her email. It has always been a favorite of mine. If you would like to read the whole talk that I found it in you can go to this site: it is such a beautiful talk: The Atonement: Our Greatest Hope Pres. James E Faust (Gen Conf Oct 2001)

http://www.lds.org/ensign/2001/11/the-atonement-our-greatest-hope?lang=eng

Some years ago, President Gordon B. Hinckley told “something of a parable” about “a one room school house in the mountains of Virginia where the boys were so rough no teacher had been able to handle them.
“Then one day an inexperienced young teacher applied. He was told that every teacher had received an awful beating, but the teacher accepted the risk. The first day of school the teacher asked the boys to establish their own rules and the penalty for breaking the rules. The class came up with 10 rules, which were written on the blackboard. Then the teacher asked, ‘What shall we do with one who breaks the rules?’
“‘Beat him across the back ten times without his coat on,’ came the response.
“A day or so later, … the lunch of a big student, named Tom, was stolen. ‘The thief was located—a little hungry fellow, about ten years old.’
“As Little Jim came up to take his licking, he pleaded to keep his coat on. ‘Take your coat off,’ the teacher said. ‘You helped make the rules!’
“The boy took off the coat. He had no shirt and revealed a bony little crippled body. As the teacher hesitated with the rod, Big Tom jumped to his feet and volunteered to take the boy’s licking.
“‘Very well, there is a certain law that one can become a substitute for another. Are you all agreed?’ the teacher asked.
“After five strokes across Tom’s back, the rod broke. The class was sobbing. ‘Little Jim had reached up and caught Tom with both arms around his neck. “Tom, I’m sorry that I stole your lunch, but I was awful hungry. Tom, I will love you till I die for taking my licking for me! Yes, I will love you forever!”’” 8

No comments:

Post a Comment