Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10,2014: Canyon Lakes Area: What a life



 Elisabeth Maria Margaretha above my bed!
(She found a family member on Family Search and is now doing her work)


Hola!!!  
This week was wonderful! We had lots of miracles :) 
 
AHHHHH WELCOME WYNN ELIZABETH GESSEL TO THE WORLD!!! I will have to write her an ode this week and send it in my next email! haha :) That is so exciting! She is so beautiful! Congratulations Natalie and Andrew :) She is so cute! and I bet she is already dancing.
 
Remember how I told you about the super adorable woman last week where she just invited us in and wanted us to come back the next night! So Monday night after Pday we went over to her house! Right after I had written that email! We took a member with us and we taught her the restoration. It was awesome, she thought it was beautiful and at the end we were testifying of the Book of Mormon, in the middle of it she looked at her phone, and she is really polite but she was in a panic to answer this call because it was from where she is from and usually it is something wrong with her brother she said. So she was on the phone for quite a while and she got off and told us that her brother was in a situation that people were pursuing him to kill him and that they didn't know where he was or if he was ok, she was crying and immediately asked that we offer a prayer. We hugged her and sat down to pray and had a very fervent prayer that her brother would listen to the spirit and be safe and that she would have peace and know that everything is in the Lord's hands. When we finished the prayer, we had the chance to testify of the comforting power of the Lord through the Book of Mormon! She said she was going to read it after we leave and was so thankful that we had one to give her! The member was so sweet and comforting her and just a few minutes after the prayer right after we had finished testifying of the Book of Mormon she got a call! It was her brother telling her that he was safe! And that he was ok and that he was coming to her. It was an amazing experience and she was crying and thanking us and telling us that she new God sent us there to be with her in that moment and we talked about how there are no coincidences with God and it was just a beautiful experience! She and her mom came to church on Sunday and before we could talk to them about it she asked US if we were coming over the next night (tonight) to teach them. They are such a beautiful sweet family and we are so thankful to the Lord that we get to be a part of their lives and get to be tools to help them come closer to God. :) it was really amazing! I love the mission!! So many wonderful happenings :) I'm sorry I don't share much about actual people and things its just that I don't feel comfortable especially over the internet! I would never want to give too much information of someones life :/
 
ALSOOO on Tuesday night! It was super fun! They asked us missionaries! To help them teach fe en dios! Translating faith in God. Which is probably like achievement days? or maybe it's it's own thing and I'm super lame and have no idea so lets just move on hahha 

ANYWAY! It was really fun. When the girls got there they gave them little slips with their  name on it and boxes #1-8 and they had little booths with games set up all around the gym! Their leaders did a bunch of fun different games at the booth and then they asked us missionaries to do 3 booths! OH! btw. (when I say us missionaries it usually means the missionaries in our ward... which are me and Hermana Jensen, Elder Barney and Elder Langinbelik... pretty much the coolest people ever. Elder Langinbelik is from Hawaii and the best so I will definitely be paying him a visit when I get home because now I know someone who lives in Hawaii! How cool am I?) haha sorry off topic. but oh ya really fast dad's gonna love this... HE KNEW IZ. yes he did. yep that's how cool I'm talkin) 

Anyway so we all had a booth and it was really fun. Ours had to be something that had a spiritual message! Hermana Jensen had a gospel footprints game, Elder Barney had another gospel game called ricky ticky tacky and then I was doing the be- attitudes! haha for every be attitude we got to paint one nail! haha representing coloring our spirits with goodness and then adding a little bit of sparkle to it! haha I didn't think it was going to be a big hit but then I started getting backed up so while I painted nails Elder Langinbelik explained the BE attitudes and then put some sparkles on their nails haha it was fun :) Anyways so the point of all of this was that, in the end we explained the Plan of Salvation to them with a map and then when we got to the 3 kingdoms of glory, the hermana came out and separated them into 3 groups one groups was the girls who chose to do all 3 spiritual booths, then the next 2 and then the next 1! Then they took them into 3 different rooms. She explained that the activities were their life on earth being tried and tested! So they took them to the 3 rooms of glory all decorated accordingly and that was your judgement! It was nuts! super cool. Loved it :) and I love little girls they are so sweet :)
 
Last few side notes... I TRANSLATED ON SUNDAY!! Meaning... their are some people in the ward who's families speak spanish but they don't! So our ward has head sets that they pass out and then someone sits on the stand and translates into a head set microphone Spanish to English. So Elder Barney and I did that and that was quite the adventure! Luckily I only accidently said 2 words in spanish ahahah. It's really hard to translate Jesucristo to Jesus Christ I'm just saying. Pretty sure that the only reason that I was able to do it was because those people probably really needed to hear the talk so God definitely helped me out :) 
 
Alsooo I had a really funny dream and I spoke spanish in it and I don't remember much but I remember I was home from my mission and I was with another girl and we were in this square like (Time Square) and I ran into Derek and we were talking and talked for a while I have no idea about what anyway... so I go walking away up the stairs and Derek comes running at me and tackle/pushes me over and goes! I forgot!!!! HABLAS ESPANOL!!! hahah and I said..... NOOO NO HABLO ESPANOL! and it was really funny in my mind and now that I'm typing it it sounds dumb but I thought it was funny and a totally normal mine and Derek relationship moment but you kinda had to be there. Anyway. oh! and we had a family history open house on Saturday and I found 22 more people!!
 
YA! this week was amazing and I just love being a missionary!  The church is so true. I know that the more we come closer and surround ourselves in Christ's light we will never want to go back and stay in the lesser light or darkness. And if we do, we will never be as happy as we were. John 8:12. He is the light of the world. Every day can be happier! brighter! and more yellow! If we try to come closer to Him :) He is ready to bless us! I love my savior. I love you all, I know that the family is the most sacred and God-like unity we have on the earth to do, and because of that, we have a responsibility to grow closer to each other and help one another draw closer to our Master :) 
 
Love you!
Hermana Lizzie Koch  

Brother Dixon and I !!!!


Car Fun

Ice on trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment