Monday, July 7, 2014

June 30, 2014: President and Sister Pingree go home!

I asked Lizzie how she felt about having her mission President and wife leave and getting a new one. Here is her response:

Well.... Pingrees going home... I feel... SOOO SAD. But so happy at the same time... because I know that I have a close enough relationship with them that I will see them a lot. :) I cried and hugged Sister Pingree for the last time and she hugged me and grabbed my face and said we are going to take trips down to Southern California! :)

I AM SO EXCITED TO MEET THE NEW ONES!!!! :) I AM SO THRILLED. I know that God provides a way and he chooses very specifically and for a reason! So I know that them coming in, means more hastening to the work! :) So exciting :) I think the world of them! That's what I think! already! I don't even know them haha but they are my mission parents and I am so excited to meet them and help them feel welcomed!! :)



President and Sister Mortensen

Dear Sisters and Elders –

Please find below a short biography from the Church News of President and Sister Mortensen who will be presiding over the Texas Houston Mission beginning July 1, 2014. They are spiritual, bright, capable people. Most importantly, I know that the Lord has called them to serve in this capacity and that the Lord will be able to advance the work through them during their service. If you are not already doing so, please include President and Sister Mortensen, and their children, in your prayers as they prepare for this new assignment. They will love serving with you, and I'm sure you will love serving with them.

With much love and respect,

President Pingree



Mark Alan Mortensen, 45, and Kristina Marie Borgquist Mortensen, six children, Northwood Ward, Irvine California Stake: Texas Houston Mission, succeeding President John C. Pingree and Sister Anne P. Pingree. Brother Mortensen serves as a counselor in a stake presidency and is a former counselor in a bishopric, elders quorum president, ward mission leader, seminary teacher and missionary in the Puerto Rico San Juan Mission. CEO, Salus Homecare. Born in Bountiful, Utah, to H. Boyd Mortensen and Lucille Farthing Mortensen.

Sister Mortensen serves as a gospel doctrine teacher and is a former counselor in a ward Primary presidency, ward Young Women adviser and ward Primary teacher. Born in Huntington Beach, California, to D. Thomas Borgquist and Leslie Bleak Borgquist.

No comments:

Post a Comment