Monday, September 29, 2014

Sept 29, 2014: Conroe: LOVE is what changes peoples hearts!



 I forgot to send this but I ran into sister Marin at the church (from H2, the Gulfbank ward) when we picked up sister Provost!! I cried and she didn't recognize me at first because my hair is so different ahhaha.


Hola familia,

Some funny experience quotes:

"I feel pretty close to death"- Hermana Koch after eating 2 Kaloches full of gluten and a cinnamon roll.

"I really want to scalp the Elders right now"- hermana Marlowe when the elders were not showing up to open the church and we reaaaaaaaaaaally had to go to the bathroom.. she's been thinking too much about indians lately and reading The Book of Mormon haha

"I'm feelin the tension"
"I'm not feelin any tension but I'm feeling tension on my rod because I'm catchin so many dang fish!"- elder Wildman.... they went fishing today.


   Hey, how's it going! This week has been good! It's been rough, we have had soooo many meetings and it seems like barely any time to visit people! Everyone is doing super well!!! Friday we had la Fiesta Patria! It's like an independance day party and there was tons of food and dancing!! Our ward is INCREDIBLE!! It is growing and becoming more unified! I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! They are the kindest, most incredible, humblest people, I just love them. Each one of them holds a special place in my heart! 

The work is full of miracles as always! Paula still wants to get baptized! Hermana McOmber came on an exchange with us and we visited Jenni! We are hopefully back to visiting with her! I love her so much! I didn't realize that I had a hole in my heart until we were in there with her again and I just felt it heal! I love her so much! I love Conroe! I think I might possibly have to move back here someday ahha. 

On Saturday, it was the Womans Conference and we had an activity before and we missionaries, all the Hermanas got to sing the EFY medly in Spanish! I recorded it for you ;) The spirirt was so strong I cried of course. I love you all!!! I got to see my Canyon Lakes people there as well and it made me soooo happy!! I was so happy to see them and hug them! I couldn't believe they remebered me!! They all kept saying they thought I went home already... yikesabee!

Friday at the party was super fun! We had 4 people from our english classes come!! :) I don't know if you all know hahah but we have a free english class in the church!! We go and we greet and sometimes if the teacher is sick we teach!! We taught last week and there used to be only like 2 people and now there are up to 25!! :) People all over the community come :) I love it!! At the end of the party on Friday, David was telling us about his last contact on his mission and how it was the only time he cried and how he felt something lift from his shoulders when he walked away... I was shocked and then went home and wrote in my journal and cried haha but he is super awesome and really inspires me to be a good missionary. He told us to be dedicated and to have fun and you can really tell he was an awesome missionary! Now he is the ward clerk!

Which reminds me... we had an amazing Consejo on Sunday!! (I think it's called ward council) Well it was awesome and some of the leaders had recieved some of the same ideas and revelations we had and so it was cool! It felt so unified!!! I love it! I love Conroe!!! 

Moral of the story... FALL IN LOVE WITH WHEREVER YOU ARE IN LIFE. FALL IN LOVE AND THEN LOVE EVEN MORE. When you love the people you are with, that is when you start to see them the way Our Savior does. The ones who surround you are the ones who God chose to surround you. So be obedient and bless them all because obedience has an effect on everyone. 

I have given my heart and soul to Conroe, it's a wonderful place full of wonderful people! I feel like in the end it'll be like Sweet Home Alabama, "You see I gave my heart away a long time ago, and I never really got it back". But I guess more importantly I have given my heart and soul to the Lord. El senor me manda donde quiere que vaya. 

This is my miracle to the president:

(m) Pues tuvimos muchos milagros, pero uno era que durante la semana tuvimos muchas cosas muchisimas cosas que hacer, reuniones derepentes, preparacion, y otras cosas entonces sentimos que no tuvimos mucho tiempo para ensenar y visitar personas. Era sabado y solo tuvimos como 3 horas de proselytismo porque vivimos lejos y tuvimos la conferencia de las mujeres. Sentimos mal porque no estabamos cumpliendo con nuestras metas y sentimos que pudiamos hacer mejor! Entonces fuimos a la casa de una investigadora y ella no estaba! Entonces envez de irnos decidimos a poner una meta de que cuando alguien no esta, tocamos a la menos 5 casas en su alrededor. Entonces empezamos y no encontramos exito hasta que estabamos diciendo si debemos irnos o no pero decidimos tocar en algunas mas puertas! Las proximas 2 casas ensenamos mensajes pequenos pero poderosos y ella fijaron citas con nosotras para que regresariamos y ahora tenemos 2 mas personas que ensenar! ellas son muy lindas y bendiciones de Dios porque sabiamos que solomente tendriamos poco tiempo entonces nos esforcamos a hacer lo que podriamos. 


Love you all!! Have a wonderful week!!!! Miss you so much!!!!! Be ready to play when I get back:)

Hermana Koch


Finally gave in and got my hair did... haha it literally looks like it used to when I went to the beach... 
well not like bleach blonde beach hair but just like the honey colored hair like Nicole's.


  hermana Provost, Katy, y Hermana Marlowe


MY COMPANIONS!! Well not all of them but a lot of them!! I trained all of these lovely ladies!!! 
Well technically not hermana Buno ahha 


Emily and hermana McOmber.


la Fiesta Patria!


Yummy food!


Obispo and Elder Wildman!!


No comments:

Post a Comment